Lung Ha Theatre Company is committed to minimising its carbon footprint as much as possible in all aspects of its work: productions; administration or outreach. To do this, LHTC has committed to the following points:
- Being a member and abiding by the regulations of Creative Carbon Scotland’s Creative Carbon Initiative.
- Monitoring all journeys (distance, mode of transport) made by staff, permanent and freelancers, on LHTC business, excluding commuting to work.
- Collating data of journeys made monthly, to give an idea of LHTC’s annual carbon footprint.
- Encouraging the use of public transport wherever possible, also when touring.
- Encouraging all permanent staff members to travel to work in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Using electronic ways of communicating to reduce paper usage.
- Recycling all set and costumes when shows have finished, where possible.
- Working with suppliers who have a good environmental policy, where possible.
- Considering the energy usage of any new electronic equipment purchased.
- Including an encouragement to recycle on any paper material printed.
- Encouraging hired freelancers to be as environmentally friendly as possible when working on productions, such as sourcing materials locally.
- Working with venues that have a good environmental policy where possible.
LHTC will regularly review its carbon footprint as an organisation with the Board of Directors.