Lung Ha Theatre Company is seeking a visionary individual to join our team as Executive Director to lead Lung Ha Theatre Company in this exciting next phase of its development which will consolidate our position as Scotland’s leading theatre company working with adults with learning disabilities and autism. We are proud to say that our company provides a platform and voice for people whose stories are not always heard. We have a five-year plan which offers the opportunity for our actors to participate in award-winning work that sits proudly at the heart of Scotland’s creative output and speaks to the wider world.
Application deadline – Friday 29th September 12pm (midday)
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 3 October with members of the Lung Ha Board. Second round of interviews will take place on Tuesday 10 October. Please advise if you have any prior commitments when submitting your application.
Terms and Conditions
- Hours: Full-time hours are 35 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks), Monday–Friday, however flexibility is essential. The post holder(s) will be expected to work some evenings and weekends in line with production schedules.
- Salary: £39-45K dependent on experience.
- Contract: Either a full-time contract for 1 person, or job share with part-time contracts for 2 people. We support flexible working. Contracts will be subject to continued multi-year funding from Creative Scotland and a probation period of 6 months.
- Location: Lung Ha office, Grindlay Street, Edinburgh with some travel around Scotland, and a blended approach to office and home working.
- Notice Period: 3 months’ notice on either side.
- Holiday entitlement: 28 days annual leave
- Pension: The company will contribute 3% of salary to People’s Partnership
- Safeguarding: This position is subject to a satisfactory PVG registration with Disclosure Scotland.
Accessibility: If you require copies of documentation in alternative formats, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any access requirements, should you be invited to interview, please let us know.
Please apply by sending a CV and Cover Letter to the Chair of the Board, Kate Skinner c/o email@example.com
Please see below for the full Job Description, Lung Ha Theatre Company organisation structure and a summary of the Business Plan (2023-2028).