Lung Ha Theatre Company, UK’s leading theatre company working with neurodiverse artists, is seeking to appoint two new Trustees to join its Board.
We are looking for committed individuals to expand the range of Trustee skills and to further consolidate existing skills. We require dynamic and motivated people who are supportive and sympathetic to the values, aims and objectives of Lung Ha Theatre Company. To read more about Lung Ha Theatre Company please visit www.lungha.com. This position provides an opportunity to volunteer for a charity in a unique way, whilst gaining an insight into how theatre companies are governed.
We are looking for people with:
• an understanding of and interest in the values, aims and objectives of Lung Ha Theatre Company
• an understanding of and / or passion for theatre and the wider artistic and cultural landscape
• excellent interpersonal skills
• a genuine interest in diversity, equality and inclusion
• an ability to make decisions based on consideration of all of the facts and information available – and to ensure the values, aims and objectives of the organisation are protected and, at all times, supported
• a willingness to contribute relevant professional experience to the work of the Board
We welcome applications from those who can bring the qualities and experience described above and those who could bring knowledge and expertise to the Board in the following areas:
• Human Resources
• Legal and Governance
We actively encourage applications from those who may be considered to be from underrepresented backgrounds, in particular those who may identify as disabled*
*disabled people’ or ‘disabled artists’ refers to anyone who self-identifies as disabled. This can include D/deaf people if they identify as disabled as well as others living with impairments (physical, sensory, learning, cognitive, mental health, etc.) that identify as disabled.
Trustees will be expected to:
– attend Board meetings, which are typically held in the centre of Edinburgh (approximately four
times per year) and periodic planning / strategy / organisational development sessions
– contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis
– attend Company events and performances.
All Trustees volunteer their time to the charity and the role is unpaid.
Interested? Get in touch!
It is not essential to have previous experience as a Trustee to apply.
If you would like an informal discussion about joining the Board please contact Michael Fraser at email@example.com.
To apply please email your CV and an accompanying statement describing how your experience and knowledge align with the general and specific skills set out above. Your statement should be limited to two sides of A4 and your CV should also be limited to two sides of A4. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered by a sub-committee of the Board and candidates who have demonstrated that they meet the criteria will be invited to interview by a panel of Board members.
The closing date for submission is 5pm on Friday the 5th of February 2021.