Lung Ha Theatre Company's Support Team
Apply now to become one of our Support Team Members!
Our volunteers are at the heart of our work. They support and encourage the company members to work to the best of their abilities, while participating fully in workshops and rehearsals (including warm up exercises, movement and improvisations). There are sometimes opportunities for volunteers to participate in performances and provide extra support backstage. Our volunteers don't provide personal care.
We ask that our volunteer Support Team Members have:
– An interest in drama and performance
– The ability to work as part of a team.
– Good verbal communication skills
– Enthusiasm, patience and flexibility.
– An open mind and willingness to learn and try out new things
– The ability to keep in touch by email and respond promptly.
– A commitment to working within legislation, regulations and procedures such as Adult Safeguarding.
Experience of working with people who have a learning disability would be an advantage, but is by no means essential.
We are looking for new volunteers who are regularly able to make Tuesday evenings (6 – 9pm) or Saturday mornings and/or afternoons.
If you think the volunteer role is right for you, please send an email to Becky Leach, Lung Ha's Company Support Worker, with 50 – 100 words about why you're interested in volunteering and an indication of your normal availability on Tuesday evenings and Saturday daytime – firstname.lastname@example.org
There is often a lot of interest in the volunteer role, we have a limited number of spaces for new volunteers, and not everybody will be suitable, so we are unfortunately not able to take everyone on as a volunteer.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
– Suitable applicants will be invited for an informal interview. This gives us a chance to meet you and find out more about you, and it gives you the chance to ask us questions and find out more about the role and what's involved.
– Successful interviewees will then be invited to attend a rehearsal to shadow one of the current volunteers. This is to see how you get on with the company, and is also a chance for you to see if it's something you'll enjoy.
– After the rehearsal, successful applicants will then be invited to join the Support Team.
All volunteers are required to have PVG membership for doing regulated work with protected adults. We support our volunteers to apply for membership if they don't already have it, or for a scheme record update if they do. This is completely free.