Lung Ha Theatre Company
Part time – 20 hours per week
- The Creative Administrator will support the work of the Company Manager and the Artistic Director, on a day to day and a strategic basis.
- To ensure that the Lung Ha Theatre Company Administration Office functions efficiently on a day-to-day basis.
- To ensure effective, timeous and open communication with Lung Ha Theatre Company performers and the company’s volunteer drama support team members. This will include, but not be exclusive to, informing the performers, and their named person(s), of rehearsal schedules, workshop and outreach activities and other events that may require Company Member participation.
- To attend performances, workshops, rehearsals, events and other activities as required, and, on occasion to act as a support worker at these events. The Creative Administrator should be a visible and well-known member of the staff team, in particular to the performers.
- To support the Company Manager in the planning, marketing and promotion of Lung Ha Theatre Company production and workshop activity. This will include scheduling workshop and outreach activity and may also include visiting venues prior to performances to ensure suitability for performances, and making contact with local promoters.
- To raise income from trusts and foundations and from private businesses – to set and achieve annual income targets in agreement with the Company Manager. Added to this, the Creative Administrator will be responsible for ensuring that all “conditions” of grants received are met and completed in good time.
- Working with the Company Support Worker to ensure that all staff who work with Lung Ha Theatre Company are disclosed under the Disclosure Scotland Act and are suitable to work with Adults at Risk. The Creative Administrator will ensure that all employees and volunteers working with company are given, and follow, the company’s policy on working with Adults at Risk.
- To book rehearsal and other space as required. To ensure that all space used by the company is fully accessible and is appropriate for the company’s work
- The Creative Administrator will be disclosed under the Disclosure Scotland Act prior to appointment in the post; appointment to the post will be conditional on Lung Ha Theatre Company receiving an enhanced disclosure that does not preclude the applicant working with Adults at Risk.
- The Creative Administrator will work closely with the Artistic Director and help to manage their daily diary – aiming to avoid timetable clashes and to enable the company to support a sustainable level of outreach and workshop activitiy.
- To help keep the company’s website dynamic, energetic, contemporary, fresh, up to date and reflective of the company’s and the performers’ ongoing work. This will include ensuring performers are fully engaged with and contributing to the company’s website, social media and other online activity.
- To attend Lung Ha Theatre Company Board meetings as minute taker. The Creative Administrator is responsible for ensuring timeous distribution of all Board papers in advance and following Board Meetings. The Creative Administrator is then responsible to ensure that Board papers are filed appropriately and as required by Company and Charity law; along with ensuring that key investors such as creative Scotland and the City of Edinburgh Council are invited to company Board Meetings.
- To represent Lung Ha Theatre Company at various functions, receptions, training, professional development opportunities and other events as required.
- To be involved in the setting up, coordinating and managing of various outreach and education projects.
- To help support the company’s business plan, expenditure and income targets and its long-term strategic objectives.
- To be fully engaged with and to be a full contibutor to the ongoing development of Lung Ha Theatre Company as it progresses and develops. In a small staff team the Creative Administrator is an integral part of the company’s strategic planning.
- To be the Green Champion for Lung Ha Theatre Company, to support the company as it aims to minimise the environmental impact of its work.
- Any other duties as would be considered appropriate for someone in the post of Creative Administrator at Lung Ha Theatre Company.
- A proven track record / interest in theatre and the arts.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Experience of working with IT and online communications systems and social media.
- Knowlegde of writing applications for funding and investment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An interest in creating new opportunities and furthering the reach of creative work by artists with a learning disability.
- An ability to put others first, to be patient, supportive, positive, enthusiastic, energetic, commited and professional.
The post would suit an individual who would like to learn about all aspects of running, managing and being involved with a small producing and touring theatre company. Applicants must also very much enjoy working with, at times, a large group of people and be someone who is prepared to “muck-in” and help out when and where necessary. There will also be many times when the Creative Administrator will need to be able to work on their own initiative.
The staff team at Lung Ha Theatre Company is a small one, thus the Creative Administrator is integral to the ongoing success of the organisation.
The post of Creative Administrator at Lung Ha Theatre Company offers a unique opportunity to work with a theatre company that is Scotland’s leading theatre companies for adults with learning disabilities.
Annual Salary on a pro-rata basis: £19,240
The above figure is based on an hourly rate of £9.25 per hour for a twenty-hour working week, salary: £9,620.
Applications will be by the submission of a CV and covering letter, and the deadline for applications is Monday the 10th of October 2016 at 5pm.
Applications can be submitted by:
By post: Lung Ha Theatre Company, 30b Grindlay Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9AX